GRABWORLD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GRABWORLD

ITS ALL ABOUT GRAB!!!

The Five Pillars

anisa
    anisa
    CO-ADMIN
    CO-ADMIN

Female
    Number of posts : 738
    Registration date : 2008-02-26

The Five Pillars Empty The Five Pillars

Post by anisa Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:46 am

Declaration of Faith
    The Five Pillars

A typical declaration of faith could be as follows:
    "I declare that there is no god but God. And Muhammad is His servant and Messenger"

The implication to this is: God is the One and Only and has no partner. The Prophethood of Muhammad obliges believers to follow his exemplary life in every respect.
    The Daily PrayersThe prayer strengthens the belief in God and inspires Man to higher morality; it purifies the heart and controls temptation. It is a moment when the consciousness in the presence of Lord is at its utmost, in a peaceful contemplation. It is a time for those who humble themselves to God, the sign of pure believers.
    "Verily, I am God: There is no god but I: So serve thou Me, And establish prayer for celebrating My praise."
    [Qur'an
    20:14]

Welfare ContributionThe welfare contribution helps to establish economic balance and fair distribution of wealth among the members of the community. On the other side, it purifies oneself from greed and selfishness and enhances social bonds. Welfare dues and other religious rituals are always brought unto juxtaposition:
    And be steadfast in prayer and regular in charity: And whatever good ye send forth for your souls before you, ye shall find it with God: For God sees well all that ye do.
    [Qur'an
    2:110]

Pilgrimage to MakkahIt is an annual and global assembly for all believers to meet under the umbrella of brotherhood. Barriers of language, race, colour and status fade away for the bond of faith to replace all worldly ties. It is a time of spiritual enlightenment, purifying from all sins and renewal of faith in God. [Views from Pilgrimage to Makkah]
    Pilgrimage thereto is a duty Men owe to God,--- Those who can afford the journey.
    [Qur'an
    3:97]

Fasting during the month of RamadhanThis annual training programme develops self-control and helps to overcome selfishness and greed. The feeling of hunger for long hours during the day develops a real image in mind of those who are poor and hungry. Spiritual training is not related to the self only, but also about feeling towards others.
    O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, That ya may (learn) Self-restraint.
    [Qur'an
    2:183]

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:48 am